Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Rewiring Model 19s

  1. #1
    Inactive Member blankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone ever rewire theit Model 19s. The internal wire looks like aluminum or if copper it seems to be very thin.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't rewired mine yet, but I will.
    Yes the wire is spindly! I'ts not aluminum though, tinned copper would be my best guess.
    If you are into fancy wire, the possibilities are endless.
    My spin is that the horn wiring is fine, but the input leads and the woofer leads need help. I'll probably just go to 12ga zip cord from home depot.
    BTW....you will have to remove the x-over and solder the new wires in place.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.